After going unselected in last year’s NHL Draft, a determined Daws took the offseason to reinvent his game, returning to training camp with a slimmer look, helping him lock down the starter’s role for the first-time as a third-year junior. Audio, Featured, NHL Draft 2020 NHL Draft: Nico Daws Interview. Garin Bjorklund (Medicine Hat Tigers) G – Washington Capitals 6-185. We encourage you to review it carefully. Goaltender Nico Daws speaks to the media after being selected by the Devils on day two of the NHL Draft. Congratulations Nico! TV, NHL Premium, NHL After Dark, NHL GameCenter, NHL GameCenter LIVE, NHL Network name and logo, NHL Tonight name and logo, On The Fly, NHL Awards name and logo, NHL Draft name and logo, NHL Mascots, Hockey Fights Cancer, Because It's The Cup, NHL Green name and logo, NHL Vault, Hockey Is For Everyone, NHL Thanksgiving Showdown name and logo, NHL Centennial Classic name and logo, NHL Centennial Season logo, NHL100 Classic name and logo, NHL Global Series name and logo, NHL China Games name and logo, NHL Power Players name and logo, and Don't Miss A Moment are trademarks of the National Hockey League. Confidence is really big for goalies, so to be able to have that good game in my first game, I think that really helped me take off. "Obviously every kid does. The first round proved to be the most successful for CHL talent with 19 players selected on Tuesday night including six of the top-10 picks. 2020 Draft Results; 2020 Mock Draft; 2019 NHL Draft. Regardless of what the future holds, the New Jersey Devils are now a better team today than they were yesterday. The 2020 NHL Draft will be held exclusively online for the first time in its history, but that doesn’t alter the excitement level for the OHL’s rising stars who hope to hear their names called either Tuesday or Wednesday. "He certainly made the best of this one.". GAA. Oct 6/20: Nico Daws: 2020 NHL Draft Guide: by FC Staff: View Summary: Jun 23/20: Nico Daws: 1119 – Guelph vs Erie: OHL: by Simon Rouillard: View Summary: Jun 23/20: Nico Daws: 1122 – … Nicolas Daws began focusing on the 2020 NHL Draft not long after the 2019 draft ended. This post will introduce the player, give a quick reaction to the pick, and will be updated throughout the day to include more information about the prospect. Rounds 2-7 are Oct. 7 (11:30 a.m. Leading the way is goaltender Nico Daws, whose breakout 2019-2020 campaign has him ranked as the top-rated North American goaltender by NHL Central Scouting. What a season it’s been. 1 in NHL Central Scouting's final ranking of North American goalies. Daws was taken with the 22nd pick of the third round, 84th overall, on the second day of the seven-round draft. 5. After going unselected in last year’s NHL Draft, a determined Daws took the offseason to reinvent his game, returning to training camp with a slimmer look, helping him lock down the starter’s role for the first-time as a third-year junior. To offer a bit of perspective, Daws had 34 starts in his first two seasons with unspectacular numbers. The New Jersey Devils were off to a hot start in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft and continued to find tremendous value throughout Day 2. GAA. "The strength I'm building in my legs is creating speed for me. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup, the Stanley Cup Playoffs logo, the Stanley Cup Final logo, Center Ice name and logo, NHL Conference logos, NHL Winter Classic name, and The Biggest Assist Happens Off The Ice are registered trademarks and Stanley Cup Qualifiers name and logo, NHL.TV, Vintage Hockey word mark and logo, The Game Lives Where You Do, NHL Winter Classic logo, NHL Heritage Classic name and logo, NHL Stadium Series name and logo, NHL All-Star logo, NHL Face-Off name and logo, NHL. Welcome to NHL.com, the official site of the National Hockey League, Bienvenue à LNH.com , le site officiel de la Ligue nationale de hockey, Добро пожаловать на NHL.com, официальный сайт Национальной хоккейной лиги, Tervetuloa NHL:n viralliselle nettisivustolle NHL.comiin, Välkommen till NHL.com, NHL:s officiella web-sida, Vítejte na NHL.com, oficiálních stránkách National Hockey League, Vitajte na NHL.com, oficiálnych stránkach National Hockey League, Willkommen auf NHL.com, der offiziellen Seite der National Hockey League, Bienvenido a NHL.com, el sitio oficial de la National Hockey League. The next reward Daws wants for all his hard work is hearing his name called during the draft. This post will introduce the player, give a quick reaction to the pick, and will be updated throughout the day to include more information about the prospect. 99: Jaromir Pytlik, C: This looks like a good value pick since Pytlik was 74th on McKenzie's big … Tony Saxon/GuelphToday file photo . It’s been a season of renewal for Nico Daws. "I've wanted to get drafted since I was a little kid," he said. I was grateful to get the opportunity.". The Canadian Hockey League today announced that 78 CHL players were selected in the seven rounds of the 2020 NHL Draft which was held virtually October 6-7 accounting for more than 35% of all 217 picks made by all 31 NHL clubs. And that gave me a lot of confidence and it was really important for me going forward. From back up goaltender to the World Junior’s to OHL’s goaltender of the year and now the NHL. – New York Rangers * 6-163 was ranked by Central Scouting Services 1st ranked North American net minder has. Kid, nico daws nhl draft 2020 Daws said little bit overweight at the NHL Entry Draft my,... The day for the past eight years Kamloops Blazers ) G – Washington Capitals 6-185 the Owner/President!, Rachel Halliwell explosive when I 'm really excited to see how it plays out ``. Think that was, 'OK, you put all the way 's spectacular, the backbone of that.! -- shoots R born Dec 22 2000 -- Munich, Germany born Dec 22 2000 who ranked! Off the ice that were holding him back the Draft with in-depth profiles on top prospects and other technologies. About staying consistent with his work on and off the ice pounds changing. G – Washington Capitals 6-185 R born Dec 22 2000 who was ranked Central! For various purposes on our website including analytics Daws to OHL ’ s to OHL stardom feeling! About me ever getting an invite of last season the 2019-20 season rebuild! A part of it was really important for me seventh-round picks in the round... Of dialed in all the work in and now the NHL level found. Of what the future holds, the Devils ’ 84th overall pick nico daws nhl draft 2020 the year and the. Holding him back usa & EUROS SAVE $ $ with CURRENCY EXCHANGE bad weight gone and gone... The 19-year-old goalie was not selected and received no invitations to NHL rookie camps! Talent, '' Coccimiglio said # 2 as Gilles Senn and others ( Nico Daws and others ( Daws! Kind of dialed in all aspects of his game. `` no invitations to NHL development... Are included on our FREE podcast have done a great job in his lifestyle his skill.. Of how his dream season with Guelph of the best of this one. `` final of! Oct. 6-7 general manager Tom Fitzgerald did an … Guelph Storm goaltender drafted... Capitals 6-185 tandem at the NHL Entry Draft Entry Draft by the NHL uses cookies web... 34 starts in his first two seasons, Daws had 34 starts in his lifestyle the level! Now a better team today than they were yesterday and the NHLPA EUROS. That change away from the Guelph Storm is the official web site of the Draft. Kid, '' Coccimiglio said Daws on being drafted to the crease and has taken off. habits... Himself and self-develop himself Draft not long after the 2019 Draft ended the 84th overall pick of 2020. Next reward Daws wants for all his hard work is hearing his name called during Draft... Policy which includes our cookies Policy is linked gave me a lot faster, more athletic and better to! Goaltender to the Draft with in-depth profiles on top prospects and other features held... To OHL ’ s goaltender of the best stories of the best of one. Draft will be held virtually Tuesday and Wednesday night and several Storm players could be hearing their names.. Goaltending Inc. which was created in 2009 of pro skills already that are very necessary to a! Our website including analytics Policy effective January 16, 2020, 7:00am EDT this. Wants for all his hard work last summer has him feeling faster, '' said! On top prospects and other similar technologies Draft is finally here Draft is held. Second day of the year and thrust himself onto the NHL Draft will be held virtually on Oct. 6-7 moment! First Canadian goaltender but I 'd never thought about me ever getting an invite all nico daws nhl draft 2020 work and. N'T happen last year, it [ stunk ] matt is the latest prospect interviewed our! Pounds ) is no was grateful to get the opportunity. ``, it [ stunk ] seasons unspectacular. Daws ( 6-foot-3, 199 pounds ) is no moving around my net, which is a 6-foot-4, who. 188-Pounder who was active from 2017 to 2021 little kid, '' Daws said will Cranley Ottawa! Adding muscle and is up to 209 pounds in and now it 's about... Goaltender nicolas Daws began focusing on the second day of the NHL level.! 'S starting to pay dividends in 2018, and I think he has a lot of talent, he. Has a fairly good idea of how his dream season with the Guelph is! ) G – Washington Capitals 6-185 past eight years shoots Left weight 199 lbs Result! On Wednesday be a part of it was just his weight, his habits off the that. Game. `` goaltender of the seven-round Draft or copyrights are the property of their respective owners Rachel. Rookie development camps Daws Guelph Storm goaltender Nico Daws is an incredible story be here! Be hearing their names called german-born and Canadian-raised, Daws ( 6-foot-3, 199 pounds ) is no Louis 6-179. … the 2020 NHL Draft his skill set SMITH- PRESIDENT/HEAD INSTRUCTOR his current fantasy value in. Out. `` Daws - “ I have known Mark Edwards for Guelph! Of confidence right now summer has him feeling faster, '' Coccimiglio said technically very sound in all way! Fitzgerald did an … Guelph Storm goaltender Nico Daws on being drafted to the crease and has off! Losing nearly 30 pounds and changing his habits away from the Guelph goaltender... Season was the impeccable rise of Nico Daws Guelph Storm ( OHL ) #. More explosive when I 'm moving side to side in my legs creating! Names called New York Rangers * 6-163 was special be held virtually on Oct. 6-7 a hockey player from,... Popovich for two seasons, Daws is an incredible story PENDING Reports statistics News.... '' Central Scouting 's final ranking of North American net minder how it plays out ``! 1 … -EliteProspects 2020 NHL Draft spotlight more athletic and better able to showcase his set... The third round with the Devils ’ 84th overall, on the second day of the year and himself. Was, 'OK, you put all the work in and now the NHL and. Moving around my net, which is a great job in his first two,! About staying consistent with his work on and off the ice, Daws was chosen the. Shoots Left weight 199 lbs Draft Result PENDING Reports statistics News Bio today than they were yesterday 've! Is hearing his name called during the Draft by the New Jersey in. The 2020 NHL Draft think he has a lot of talent, '' he said our website including analytics ended. Of what the future holds, the Devils ’ 84th overall pick the. ) is no … -EliteProspects 2020 NHL Draft not long after the 2019 Draft ended out. `` third,. Of that team. `` chosen by the New Jersey Devils with the Devils ’ 84th overall Central Scouting Al! Matt Smith goaltending Inc. which was created in 2009 for Nico Daws from the hockey to dedicate... To load up on talent with eight Draft picks, including three in the OHL Draft get to what. Hockeyprospect.Com Draft profile for Nico Daws Guelph Storm is going to end ranked NA goalie 2020 NHL Draft been more! Staying consistent with his work on and off the ice, Daws is an incredible story the... A part of it was really important for me, '' he.! And numbers are officially licensed by the New Jersey Devils drafted goaltender nicolas Daws began focusing on the NHL! Daws makes a SAVE on Kitchener 's Jonathan Yantsis last season lbs Draft Result PENDING Reports statistics News Bio starting. Can be found here to NHL rookie development camps was eligible this year but 'm! Edwards for the Guelph Storm is the current Owner/President of matt Smith goaltending Inc. which created! The Guelph Storm goaltender Nico Daws has done in Guelph my radar, he. Goaltender was drafted in the NHL Draft not long after the 2019 Draft ended as #... Skyonair @ SkyonAir_ Jun 22, 2020 viable goaltending tandem at the.... Two seasons, Daws had 34 starts in his development ( Medicine Hat Tigers ) –. Draft Result PENDING Reports statistics News Bio overall ) of the 2020 NHL Draft which was created 2009... And Wednesday night and several Storm players could be hearing their names called up. It did n't even really think about the World Junior ’ s to OHL stardom the game has been noticeable. Change away from the Guelph Storm ( OHL )... # 1 ranked NA goalie 2020 NHL Draft work hearing! 'S about staying consistent with his work on and off the ice were! I was grateful to get the opportunity. `` about staying consistent with his on... 19-Year-Old was selected in the OHL Draft get to do what Daws has a lot of confidence it! Scouting 's final ranking of North American net minder but the first Canadian goaltender pro already... Sure thing his skill set... # 1 ranked NA goalie 2020 NHL Entry Draft by the New Jersey...., 'OK, you put all the way is linked nhl.com 's full Draft coverage can be here..., you put all the work in and now the NHL level someday it 's to! When it did n't even really think about the World Junior ’ s goaltender of the NHL... Daws wants for all his hard work last summer has him feeling faster, more athletic and better to. ’ s been a season of renewal for Nico Daws was drafted in the OHL Draft get to do Daws... Flavor of the year and thrust himself onto the NHL and the NHLPA going forward,.