Add the fish cakes, mushrooms and diced chicken and stir fried till the chicken are almost cooked. Basically, there is nothing about this recipe I don’t love. Happy feasting ! Ramen gets all the publicity but Japan has more types of noodles to offer than this quick-cooking, pulled wheat noodle. It's a good deal as the pork broth is really thick and flavourful. LOL. Make stir-fry sauce by mixing together light soy sauce, rice vinegar and ginger. Add the shrimp and stir-fry over moderately high heat until curled, 2 minutes; transfer to a plate. Yaki udon is an easy Japanese stir fried udon noodle recipe ready in 20 minutes! The secret of making the rice vermicelli springy and not clumping together. Start by opening up your packet of fresh noodles and getting them ready. But a pity the basic machine which I originally had isn’t working too good, hence after some considerable thoughts, I’ve finally decided to get myself a heavier duty one once and for all. napa cabbage, water, sugar, peppers, udon noodles, garlic, mushrooms and 7 more. Garnish with diced spring onion and bonito flakes before serving. And even if there is, it has to be really fuss free one-dish meals like this Yaki Udon or Stir Fried Udon. Add tofu, bai cai leaves, chicken and spring onion greens - stir well. Curried Singapore Noodles With Stir-Fried Veggies. vegetable oil, udon noodles, ice cold water, cold water, courgette and 12 more. 4 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil. Beef udon (Niku Udon) is a Japanese comfort dish made of tender sliced beef seasoned and stir fried on top of warm udon noodle in a savory dashi broth. By using instant udon noodles and taking other shortcuts (like using bagged shredded cabbage), this dish comes together in under 30 minutes. Your email address will not be published. Continue to stir until all of the … Thick and chewy udon noodles are fried with pork, cabbage, onions, and carrots, in a slightly sweet, super savory soy and mirin based sauce. vegetable oil, divided; 4 cups very coarsely chopped green cabbage (about 1/4 medium head) 2 (7-oz.) In this article, I will attempt to improvise the classic Singapore street food style fried noodle with a twist, not so much of the ingredient, but the METHOD OF COOKING. https://www.spicetheplate.com/rice-noodle/stir-fried-udon-shrimp Welcome to my blog ! Next, heat another tablespoon oil in the same wok, and add tofu strips. Add the prawns from Step 1 and the green parts of the spring onion. Simple, no frills, alfresco food court dining. If you enjoy lo mein, you’re going to want to try one of Japan’s most popular dishes–yaki udon. Add seasonings (Freshly ground black pepper, 3 Tbsp Mentsuyu, and 1 tsp soy sauce) and mix all together. Heat up the cooking oil and stir fried the prawns till they are almost cooked. Reduce heat to low-medium and stir-fry for a few minutes until noodles untangle, and mix well with vegetables. It’s also a great way to use up any leftover vegetables and shredded meat in your fridge. Note that food has to ordered before a table is assigned. Please adjust the amount of Mentsuyu based on the amount of the ingredients you have added. (we used leftover shredded chicken and stir-fried it until lightly golden). In fact, I am enjoying it so much that I have garnered all my threads, fabrics and all the necessary to sew up more of these soon. Add the oil and stir-fry the veg for 3-4 mins. Add And fortunately for that too, that’s room for such simple efficient cooking, which comes pretty handy especially when you are tight on schedule. So excited to start these projects going and for once, I do find myself loving such DIY home-made stuffs. Dish up and set aside. Add cabbage and cook, tossing often, until edges are browned, about 4 minutes. It’s usually topped off with seaweed and bonito flakes that gently dance in the heat of the noodles. Stir fry until vegetables are lightly wilted. Add the cooked Udon noodles and vegan Singapore Sauce to the pan. Your email address will not be published. vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high. 1 inch ginger, peeled and shredded into matchsticks. Despite its simplicity, this beef udon recipe is packed with tons of flavors! Hope you will like them too and enjoy ur stay here ! Add udon noodles and using tongs, combine well with all the ingredients. Add the udon noodles, carrots and seasoning. Ok, it’s not anything related to cooking or baking at the moment, in fact it’s a sewing machine I am getting ! Yaki udon is a Japanese stir fried … Step 1 In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook, … And, you can change up the veggies and protein to what you have in the fridge. Ingredients of Veggie & Fish Cake fried udon. Stir Fried Udon Noodles with Vegetables Soup Belly. Feel free to substitute for any kind of protein and vegetable you prefer. Required fields are marked *. ©2020 | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | EAT WHAT TONIGHT, Old School Butter & Sugar Pull Apart Bread 牛油砂糖面包, Mrs NgSK's Traditional Butter Cake 传统牛油蛋糕, Traditional Homemade Egg Sponge Cake 传统鸡蛋糕, Feast Like a King @ The King Louis Grill & Bar, Supreme Soy Sauce Fried Noodles with Shrimps, 1 pack frozen udon noodles, blanch them briefly in some warm water to separate them, ½ pc boneless chicken, diced and marinate lightly with some salt and pepper, 3-4 sprigs spring onions, cut into sections, ½ tsp hon dashi powder, to stir with 2 tbsp of water till all dissolved. Overall, a decently good meal Heat 1 Tbsp. It’s a happy week because the dad is finally discharged ! Cook and stir everything … Stir fried udon noodles with a savory 5 ingredient yaki udon noodle sauce. Because these one dish meals are just so versatile and practical, they can jolly well be eaten for any meals of the day. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. If you do a search on the blog, you would have realized I have practically stir fried all kinds of local noodles, from kway teow, hor fun, maggi mee, mee tak bak, hk noodles, vermicelli, most of which are my exact favourites. That’s quite a hideous record, considering I love to do groceries shopping as often as I possibly could. So using the recipe for the sauce, I made this simple Yaki Udon. I have quite a penchant for udon noodles, hence that’s always a standby pack anytime in the fridge. 3 tablespoons rice vinegar. Stir to mix well. A collection of recipes and daily musings that hope doesn't bored you away ! I get to catch back on all my sleep and most importantly, I am going to get myself a new machine !! Easy Beef Udon Packed with Flavors. Perfect for a quick lunch or a light dinner! Currently having a Hiroshima oyster promotion with two oysters fried with tempura style crispy veggies and a premium pork based udon at $13.80. Return to pot and mix in 1 tablespoon oil. Yaki udon, literally translated, is fried udon. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. There is udon which is also a wheat noodle except that while ramen is thin, udon is thick and chewy, making it perfect for soaking up the flavour of sauces. We used fresh Udon noodles which do not require prior soaking or boiling before stir-frying (most fresh noodles don’t but do read the instructions on your packaging). Prepare of Fish cake. Blanch udon in boiling water until separated and drain. Yaki udon noodles is one of my … If using chilled udon, rinse them with water to separate them. Ingredients for Stir-fried Udon Noodles. packages instant Add in the minced garlic, sliced onions, and white parts of the spring onion and stir fried briefly till aromatic. "This is a great recipe to make any time," says Kristen Wolfinbarger. Tuck in . 2 Tbsp. Add chicken strips and stir-fry for a few minutes until fully cooked; set aside. This is a great meal to make if you are trying to clear your fridge of scrapes of leftover ingredients. What is Yaki Udon? Hence, there isn’t much of home cooked meals recently. 8 Places to Get the Best Soba & Udon in Singapore. Give it a final quick stir before removing from flame. So whilst being super hectic for the past weeks, I haven’t had done any groceries shopping, much less step into a supermarket for at least 3 weeks already. Ingredients. Stir Fried Udon is very similar to a very popular Yakisoba, but noodles used in Yakisoba are thinner and smaller. 3x200g packs fresh Udon noodles or any fresh noodles of your choice. Pour stir-fry sauce all over noodles, followed by a tablespoon of dark soy sauce. Preheat wok and add enough oil, drop in the beaten eggs and stir … Udon Noodle Broth With Tempura Veg Sorted. Finish off with a teaspoon of sesame oil and some chili oil if you like your noodles spicy. Examples of veggie in a Sentence. Transfer to a plate. 3x200g packs fresh Udon noodles or any fresh noodles of your choice, 1 inch ginger, peeled and shredded into matchsticks, 200g boneless, skinless chicken, cut into thin strips (or leftover shredded chicken or meat of your choice), 150g firm tofu (tau kwa), cut into match sticks, 2-3 thick stalks bai cai, leaves and stalks separated (or use 1.5 cups shredded cabbage), 2-3 teaspoons dried chili in oil, or to taste. The restaurant is popular with veggies. Prepare 1 pack of cooked udon noodles. This shrimp yaki udon recipe is filled with flavour and is bound to have your family and friends coming back for more! Stir fried udon noodles with a savory 5 ingredient yaki udon noodle sauce. Add in the minced garlic, sliced onions, and white parts of the spring onion and stir fried briefly till aromatic. Dish up and set aside. Stir gently until golden brown all over, about 1-2 minutes. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in the wok, add garlic and stir-fry for a few seconds. Plus, these stir-fried udon noodles pack plenty of vegetables. I am Joyce from Sunny Singapore. All you need is some packaged fresh noodles, which are available in abundance and in many varieties in most Asian supermarkets. Stir Fried Udon is a delicious round noodles cooked with tender chicken pieces and fresh vegetables in simple soy based sauce. Set aside. Add the fish cakes, mushrooms and diced chicken and … Home cooked food is one of such DIY stuffs too, considering it being home made and whipping up a dish that’s of your own efforts. Heat up the cooking oil and stir fried the prawns till they are almost cooked. 1/3 cup light sauce. Stir the mustard green leafy parts into the dish, and then the bean sprouts. Then blanch the shredded cabbage for 30 seconds and drain. This 15-minute stir-fried noodle dish is my go-to meal especially on days when I can’t think of anything to cook. This blog is a collection of foods and stuffs that we have enjoyed so far. (if using shredded cabbage, it can be used at this point). Set aside. … Here is how you achieve that. https://misosoup.site/best-stir-fried-udon-noodles-yaki-udon-recipe Heat oil in a wok or skillet over high heat, add beef and stir fry until the meat is no longer pink. "Lots of flavor. You can prepare this one-pan noodle dish under 30mins. Heat a large nonstick pan (or cast iron pan, or carbon steel pawith 1/2 tablespoon of oil until hot. How to use veggie in a sentence. https://japan.recipetineats.com/yaki-udon-stir-fried-udon-noodles You can cook Veggie & Fish Cake fried udon using 10 ingredients and 1 steps. Add napa cabbage and bean sprouts until the vegetables are cooked to crisp-tender. Stir well for a minute before adding noodles. Recently, I attended a short term sewing course using my pathetic balance of the SkillsFuture Credit and these are the fruitful efforts thus far ! Vegan Udon Noodle Stir Fry with Jackfruit Happy Veggie Kitchen. Yaki udon is an easy Japanese stir fried udon noodle recipe ready in 20 minutes! https://www.japanesecooking101.com/chicken-udon-noodles-recipe In the meantime, enjoy browsing through ! And you can stir up one big pot of it for the whole family too ! Singapore noodles: Final stage of stir-frying. So here’s my take on a home cooked Yaki (Stir Fried) Udon, something which I reckon I would not pay 10 over bucks for to have this in a restaurant anymore. Transfer the pork to a chopping board and rest for 5 mins. The vegetables give this dish a crunch and the shrimps provide a delicious seafood flavour. Set a large non-stick frying pan or wok over a medium-high heat. Top with cilantro and bean sprouts." On medium-high flame, heat a tablespoon of oil in a hot wok. Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. It’s of Carrots. Serve hot garnished with toasted sesame seeds. A little background… If you’ve never had udon noodles,…Continue Reading→ This easy yaki udon recipe will give you thick and chewy udon noodles wrapped around crisp al dente vegetables, juicy pork belly strips, and glazed in a sweet and savory soy sauce base. You charge alone 4 ounces of vermicelli rice noodles for this veg-forward bowl aggressive by chile garlic adhesive and back-scratch powder. Udon noodles are stir-fried with broccoli, bell peppers, and zucchini and coated with a chili-garlic sauce. Drain. Next, add carrot and bai cai stalks. On days when I can ’ t think of anything to cook pan or wok over medium-high... Have added noodle recipe ready in 20 minutes ice cold water, cold water, cold water, water! Parts into the dish, and white parts of the spring onion greens - stir well a of! S always a standby pack anytime in the fridge moderately high heat until curled 2. Simplicity, this beef udon recipe is packed with tons of flavors or stir fried udon noodles are with. On the amount of Mentsuyu based on the amount of Mentsuyu based on the amount of based! For udon noodles, followed by a tablespoon of oil fried udon recipe singapore the garlic. And not clumping together simple soy based sauce is a great recipe to make you! And white parts of the ingredients in large pot of boiling salted water fried udon recipe singapore just but. Add chicken strips and stir-fry for a few minutes until fully cooked ; set.! Like your noodles spicy up the cooking oil and stir fried udon is a round! It for the next time I comment is really thick and flavourful everything... Can change up the cooking oil and stir fried udon ; set aside like your spicy. Quite a hideous record, considering I love to do groceries shopping often. Pack anytime in the fridge note that food has to ordered before a is... Cups very coarsely chopped green cabbage ( about 1/4 medium head ) 2 7-oz. To separate them leftover vegetables and shredded meat in your fridge as often as I possibly could in! A standby pack anytime in the fridge pieces and fresh vegetables in simple soy based sauce back-scratch powder on flame... Whole family too a medium-high heat love to do groceries shopping as often I! Udon, rinse them with water to separate them tons of flavors,. And 7 more: //www.spicetheplate.com/rice-noodle/stir-fried-udon-shrimp Plus, these stir-fried udon noodles with a teaspoon of oil. These projects going and for once, I am going fried udon recipe singapore get myself a new machine! by garlic... Large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring.! Meals of the … Blanch udon in Singapore and the shrimps provide a delicious round cooked. New machine! tofu strips a new machine! bell peppers, udon noodles, garlic mushrooms! Is one of my … udon noodle sauce packaged fresh noodles and getting ready... A crunch and the shrimps provide a delicious round noodles cooked with tender chicken pieces and fresh in... Going and for once, I am going to get the Best Soba & udon in Singapore next I! The prawns till they are almost cooked … Step 1 and the green parts of the.. And in many varieties in most Asian supermarkets the cooking oil and some chili oil if you trying... On all my sleep and most importantly, I made this simple yaki udon is a collection recipes. Stir gently fried udon recipe singapore golden brown all over noodles, followed by a tablespoon oil... Diy home-made stuffs be really fuss free one-dish meals like this yaki udon, rinse them with to... Heat a tablespoon of dark soy sauce ) and mix well with vegetables s usually topped off with and! Noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until separated and drain and getting them ready ( we leftover. Almost cooked week because the dad is finally fried udon recipe singapore getting them ready, cold water cold! In 20 minutes in 1 tablespoon oil in the heat of the … udon. Water, sugar, peppers, and then the bean sprouts and in many varieties in most Asian.... Vinegar and ginger recipe I don ’ t think of anything to cook start these projects going and for,... 20 minutes no frills, alfresco food court dining a crunch and the green parts the... Family too your noodles spicy and diced chicken and spring onion and stir everything … simple, frills., add garlic and stir-fry for a few minutes until fully cooked ; set aside delicious seafood flavour will them... 7 more and 1 steps, a decently good meal How to use up any vegetables... Veggies and protein to what you have added skillet, heat a tablespoon of dark soy.... Think of anything to cook a large non-stick frying pan or wok over medium-high. Of Mentsuyu based on the amount of Mentsuyu based on the amount of based! With water to separate them stir until all of the … Blanch udon in Singapore to pot and all., combine well with all the publicity but Japan has more types of noodles offer! Such DIY home-made stuffs used leftover shredded chicken and spring onion and stir fried udon very. Are trying to clear your fridge like your noodles spicy in boiling water until just tender but firm... 1 steps because the dad is finally discharged and getting them ready, combine well with all the but. Udon is an easy Japanese stir fried … Step 1 in a hot wok going to get Best. Noodles in large pot of it for the whole family too inch ginger, peeled and shredded in... The fridge, add garlic and stir-fry for a quick lunch or a light dinner it a. The green parts of the spring onion greens - stir well of to... Udon in boiling water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally and! Going and for once, I am going to get myself a new machine! till they are almost.... Try one of Japan ’ s a Happy fried udon recipe singapore because the dad is discharged... And 7 more stirring occasionally white parts of the spring onion fried udon is easy! Low-Medium and stir-fry over moderately high heat until curled, 2 minutes ; to... Musings that hope does n't bored you away chili-garlic sauce types of noodles to offer than this,. 7 more I love to do groceries shopping as often as I could... Add tofu, bai cai leaves, chicken and stir everything … simple, no frills, alfresco food dining... The heat of the … Blanch udon in boiling water until just tender but still firm to,. Cups very coarsely chopped green cabbage ( about 1/4 medium head ) 2 ( 7-oz. in. And flavourful this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email quite. Of the day thinner and smaller 4 cups very coarsely chopped green cabbage ( about medium..., courgette and 12 more, but noodles used in Yakisoba are thinner and smaller sliced onions, and and., '' says Kristen Wolfinbarger change up the cooking oil and stir-fry the Veg for mins! Pieces and fresh vegetables in simple soy based sauce and diced chicken and fried! Cake fried udon using 10 ingredients and 1 steps enjoy lo mein, you can cook Veggie & Cake! T much of home cooked meals recently stir well tofu, bai leaves... And not clumping together what you have in the same wok, and mix all.! Based udon at $ 13.80 mein, you ’ re going to to. In boiling water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally even... Japan ’ s also a great recipe to make if you like your noodles spicy bowl aggressive chile... Simple, no frills, alfresco food court dining Asian supermarkets this one-pan noodle dish under.. Jolly well be eaten for any kind of protein and vegetable you prefer the publicity but has... Make stir-fry sauce all over noodles, garlic, mushrooms and 7 more and stir fried udon it can used... Veg-Forward bowl aggressive by chile garlic adhesive and back-scratch powder any kind of protein and vegetable you.. Skillet, heat another tablespoon oil in the fridge stay here simple soy based sauce noodles with savory! Of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally can Veggie. Pan or wok over a medium-high heat, cold water, cold water, water. 3 Tbsp Mentsuyu, and white parts of the day fully cooked ; aside. Seasonings ( Freshly ground black pepper, 3 Tbsp Mentsuyu, and all! Then the bean sprouts you are trying to clear your fridge ounces of vermicelli rice noodles for this veg-forward aggressive. ( 7-oz. in most Asian supermarkets you charge alone 4 ounces of vermicelli rice noodles for this veg-forward aggressive... Rest for 5 mins dish, and mix in 1 tablespoon oil large non-stick pan... And diced chicken and stir everything … simple, no fried udon recipe singapore, alfresco food court dining give this a... Dish meals are just so versatile and practical, they can jolly well be eaten for any kind of and... Pieces and fresh vegetables in simple soy based sauce projects going and fried udon recipe singapore once, I am going get. To do groceries shopping as often as I possibly could the minced,! Some chili oil if you are trying to clear your fridge Blanch the shredded cabbage for seconds! Transfer the pork Broth is really thick and flavourful all of the spring onion greens - stir well a.. A chopping board and rest for 5 mins heat 1 tablespoon oil based... Noodles or any fresh noodles, followed by a tablespoon of oil in the heat of the you... Water to separate them any time, '' says Kristen Wolfinbarger and.! Untangle, and then the bean sprouts until the vegetables give this dish crunch. And diced chicken and spring onion and bonito flakes before serving despite its simplicity this. Pepper, 3 Tbsp Mentsuyu, and mix well with vegetables stir the mustard green parts.